We work together as shareholders of our lake in addressing ecological, economical, and social challenges, resources and opportunities of Lake Springfield and the surrounding areas.
The Lake Springfield Association is a not for profit mission-driven organization comprised of leaseholders, organizations, and businesses that value the lake. We collaborate with CWLP, City, County, and State organizations such as: EPA, DNR, U of I Extension, and various others to promote quality of life and leave a legacy of a healthy and prospering lake and community.
Lake Springfield Association values are grounded in our mission.
• Impact: We value performance and results. We set and hold ourselves accountable for high standards.
• Respect: We listen to and learn from our neighbors, and one another. We value diverse perspectives and strive to incorporate them in our organization.
• Candor: Good choices are grounded in good information. We value facts and feedback, speaking our minds, and understand that hard choices and difficult tradeoffs are often necessary.
• Collaboration: We work as a team with lake agencies and organizations. We share what we know and try to align our efforts with those of others who are dedicated to achieving a healthy lake and community.
• Passion: We are committed to making a difference on Lake Springfield.. We seek to understand what can be, not simply what is.
• Education: We strive to gain knowledge to develop best management practices to preserve, protect, and conserve our lake and its inhabitants.