Lake Springfield Association Mission and Values
We work together as shareholders of our lake in addressing ecological, economical, and social challenges, resources and opportunities of Lake Springfield and the surrounding areas.
The Lake Springfield Association is a not for profit mission-driven organization comprised of leaseholders, organizations, and businesses that value the lake. We collaborate with CWLP, City, County, and State organizations such as: EPA, DNR, U of I Extension, and various others to promote quality of life and leave a legacy of a healthy and prospering lake and community.
Lake Springfield Association values are grounded in our mission.
• Impact: We value performance and results. We set and hold ourselves accountable for high standards.
• Respect: We listen to and learn from our neighbors, and one another. We value diverse perspectives and strive to incorporate them in our organization.
• Candor: Good choices are grounded in good information. We value facts and feedback, speaking our minds, and understand that hard choices and difficult tradeoffs are often necessary.
• Collaboration: We work as a team with lake agencies and organizations. We share what we know and try to align our efforts with those of others who are dedicated to achieving a healthy lake and community.
• Passion: We are committed to making a difference on Lake Springfield.. We seek to understand what can be, not simply what is.
• Education: We strive to gain knowledge to develop best management practices to preserve, protect, and conserve our lake and its inhabitants.